You could receive a reenlistment bonus of up to $20,000 for a 6 year extension. Extending your enlistment for 2 years could qualify you for a $4,000 extension bonus.
Healthcare costs can be difficult, so let Tricare help! The generous coverage is available to single Soldiers for only $47.82 per month and military families for $217.51 monthly. Find eligibility information and coverage specifics on Tricare’s website.
TDP is now through United Concordia as of 1 May 2017. For only $11.10 each month, single Soldiers can have access to a premium dental plan. Have a family? Not a problem! Just $83.28 per month will cover your spouse, children and yourself. Find plan specifics in the Tricare Dental website.
2018 Military Pay Chart
|Active Duty Pay (AT orders)||Drill Pay(MUTA-4 drill)|
|*All data is based on at least 6 years of service. Amount is base pay only. More information available on the MyPay website.|
Life Insurance (SGLI and SGLV)
Get coverage of up to $400,000 for $29.00 per month for Soldier. Find more information on the SGLI website.
Get coverage up to $100,000 for $13.00 per month for Soldier’s spouse. Find more information on the SGLV website.
You’ll have a great nest-egg when you retire after 26 + years of service. Payments will begin when you reach age 60. The average Soldier accrues at least 2,627 points with over 26 + years. Take a look at the example chart below for a preview of what 2,627 points at retirement will yield in your retirement payout.
|Per month payment||Total payout over 20 years|
|*Figures assume 1,920 accrued points over 26 + year career|
Survivor Benefit Plan
After you retire and you pass on, your spouse will still continue to receive 55% of your retirement pay until they pass.
Tricare Health Insurance
After you retire, you can have Tricare at an 80/20 option (you pay 20%) which is about a $1,000 value per month saved. You can view plan details online or contact the Retirement office via phone at 517.481.9867.
There is also retiree information for retirees on the Michigan Department of Military and Veteran Affairs website.
- Suspension of Tuition Grant 4th AWOL (CDR letter to reinstate)
- Bonus termination with recoupment of whatever has already been dispersed*
- Student Loan Repayment termination* (if less than 6 years of service completed, pro-rated payments must be recouped)
- GI Bill Kicker termination with recoupment of previously dispersed payments*
- Federal Tuition Assistance termination with recoupment of previously dispersed payments*
- State Tuition Assistance termination*
- Honorable discharge is required for use of Post 9/11 GI Bill
*Upon 9th MUTA AWOL or AWOL for 1 day of Annual Training
- Suspension of bonus payments upon initiation of flag
- Bonus termination w/recoupment**
- Suspension of Student Loan Repayment upon initiation of flag
- SLRP termination**
- Suspension of Tuition Grant (payments may be received after flag is removed is SM submitted DMA 189)
- Suspension of State Tuition Assistance**
- Suspension of Federal Tuition Assistance**
- Suspension of favorable action includes disapproval of STAs, alternate ATs, and schools
- Requires monthly diagnostic APFTs or weigh-ins
**For 2 consecutive APFT or weight failures